Harvi-ECMO is an online training platform that includes two textbooks (Harvi-Student and Physiology of ECMO), an interactive simulation with advanced features related O2 and CO2 metabolism and guided tutorials related to extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) and cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB).
The textbook also covers gas exchange (CO2 and O2) in the lungs, Oxygen Delivery, Fick Cardiac output, Control of Ventilation, the 5 causes of hypoxemia (Hypoxic gas mixture, hypoventilation, V/Q mismatch, Shunt, Diffusion abnormality) and basic interpretation of the arterial blood gas measurements. The text comes with eight try-it- now screens, each allowing the user to interact with important concepts and equations. An audio-annotated guided tutorial with self-assessment questions is also included.
$60 / year
This license provides access to:
- A basic primer of ECMO and the physiology of blood gas exchange
- A basic primer of cardiovascular physiology
- Detailed simulation of hemodynamics, O2 and CO2 fluxes and regional blood gases
- Interactive tutorials on ECMO
- Extensive Try-It-Now library
- Access a library of prestored clinical cases and examples
- Ability to save, recall and share parameter sets that you create